Sparrow Health System
General Purpose of Job:
Operate radiographic equipment to produce clinical diagnostic x-ray images as directed by physicians, and perform routine diagnostic procedures according to established standards and practices.
This job description is intended to cover the minimum essential duties assigned on a regular basis. Caregivers may be asked to perform additional duties as assigned by their leader. Leadership has the right to alter or modify the duties of the position.
- Prepare patient and adjust equipment for taking x-rays. Position and instruct patient regarding procedures. Take x-ray images of specified body/parts as ordered, following established procedures.
- Use immobilization devices in accordance with standard practice. Lead protective devices to protect parts of the body not in the central ray and to reduce exposure to radiation. Automatic radiation shielding (collimators) at all times.
- Responsible for x-ray images in other areas of the hospital with portable machine in areas such as surgery, emergency and patient rooms. Observe sterile technique and universal precautions when applicable.
- Ability to perform fluoroscopy (fluoroscopy is not performed in the Urgent Care or Physician offices) – Barium enemas, Upper GI studies, Video Swallows, Endoscopic procedures such as ERCP and Bronchoscopies.
- Competent to work in the Operating Room (OR) to provide x-ray during surgery and lithotripsy procedures.
- Skills and critical thinking to rapidly respond and perform x-rays on trauma patients that may be severely injured.
- Experience performing higher tech procedures, such as myelograms, arthrograms and hysteros.
- Radiographic support to Forensic department.
- Process images and use proper identification techniques so as to assure proper labeling. Log patient technical factors and pertinent information in RIS.
- Maintain established department policies, procedures, objectives, quality assurance, safety, environmental and infection control.
- Assist in care and maintenance of facilities, equipment and supplies. Keep work areas clean.
- Perform imaging in a PACS environment.
- Provides educational and training expertise as needed to support the community based Radiologic Technology program and other school system initiatives.
- Provide clinical support to medical assistants to meet the needs of the patient when working at occupational health as needed.
|Specialized Knowledge and Skills||
Sparrow Health System is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
To apply for this position, please copy and paste the following link into your browser address bar: