NYU Langone Hospital – Brooklyn is a full-service teaching hospital and Level I trauma center located in Sunset Park, Brooklyn. The hospital is central to a comprehensive network of affiliated ambulatory and outpatient practices, and serves as NYU Langone Health’s anchor for healthcare access, growth, and delivery in the entire borough. Learn more about NYU Langone Hospital – Brooklyn, and interact with us on LinkedIn, Glassdoor, Indeed, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a CT Technician.
In this role, the successful candidate Operate radiologic equipment to produce clinical diagnostic films as directed by physicians. Perform routine diagnostic procedures according to established policies and procedures. Perform all types of C.T. exams efficiently and competently.
- May inject Intravenous Contrast Media when it is part of an imaging study and when supervised by a physician.
- Can properly plot axial, sagittal and coronal images for the appropriate exam and can select and adjust the specific scanning protocols to meet the patient’s needs and condition
- Performs daily Q.A tests, warm up procedures and calibrations
- Takes initiative and is proactive in resolving issues that are encountered in the Dept
- Keeps the C.T. Department neat, clean and properly stocked with the necessary supplies for the days work.
- Performs all documentation duties as required by the Department.
- Implements care in a knowledgeable, skillful, consistent and continuous manner always keeping the patients welfare the priority.
- Performs all C.T. procedures quickly and competently, choose exams from the worklist, properly label, archive, and store exams.
- Ensures the patient’s comfort and dignity during the procedure e.g. use of pillows, table pad, sheets, blankets etc.
- Ensures the proper name and demographics of the patient appear on all images. Properly uses all measurement functions and review layouts. Demonstrates an understanding of post processing at image works and at retro recon.
- Performs other duties as assigned or requested.
- Accepts direction from supervisor willingly.
- Maintains a clean and safe environment for the patient by setting up the exam room properly for the procedure.
- Demonstrates an awareness of self-responsibility and accountability for own professional practice
- Performs examinations in an organized manner and logical sequence. Uses correct side markers and places initials on film.
- Identifies his/her role to the patient. Explains procedure to the patient and answers questions relating to the procedure.
- Takes quality x-ray images of specified body areas/parts as ordered by the physician, following established procedures and guidelines.
- To qualify you must have a Graduate of an accredited program in Radiologic Technology
- 2-5+ years experience preferred. Must be competent in all basic radiological exams. Willingness to devote the time required completing the assigned tasks on schedule
- New York State License required. ARRT certification in CT, or eligible to sit for the CT registry. Must complete CT Certification within 1 year of employment. NYS License to Inject Intravenous Contrast Media and CPR Certificate by The American Red Cross, American Heart Association or equivalent training program. IV Certification must be completed within 6 months of employment..
Required Licenses: Radiography – R.T. (R)(ARRT), Computed Tomgrphy-RT(CT)(ARRT), Radiologic TechLic IV-Cert-NYS, Radiologic Tech Lic – NYS
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone Hospital – Brooklyn provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you’ll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Hospital-Brooklyn is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Hospital- Brooklyn’s EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal “EEO is the law” poster or visit https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm for more information. To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please click here.
To apply for this position, please copy and paste the following link into your browser address bar: